CISO, Specialist Board Advisor
Neal has been working in Information Technology for over 30 years and led numerous high focus deliveries and transformations at Lloyds Banking Group and the Bank of England. This has included:-
- Establishing and leading a new IT Cyber Security Division (100+ Staff) and the Bank of England’s first multi-year Cyber Security Programme in 2013, as Head of IT Security and then ultimately becoming their CISO in 2019.
- Leading the Bank of England’s Application and Infrastructure Divisions.
- Migration of the old FSA functions to establish the new Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) within the Bank of England.
- Programme Director for Technology Infrastructure for the Lloyds Bank and HBOS merger.
- Leading Infrastructure functions at Lloyds Bank, including its entire Mainframe, Mid-Range, Storage and Systems Management infrastructure.
- Leading Application delivery functions at Lloyds Bank, including Internet Banking, ATMs, Cards and Customer Systems.
- As the Bank of England’s CISO, working in partnership with the Bank’s Head of IT Security (1st Line of defence), Neal was accountable for the Bank’s Cyber Security risk and organisational maturity. He was a member of the Bank of England’s Real Time Gross Settlement Board and Risk Committee, Chair of the Security Risk Committee and regular attendee of the Bank’s Audit and Risk Committee, and its Board (Court).
Neil was UK representative at the G20 Working Party on Security Incidents in Basel, and the tri-lateral Cyber partnership with the US Federal Reserve and Bank of Canada, and has held SC and DV government clearance levels.