Cyber Security Consultant – Manager
About The 324 Consultancy
324 is a boutique consultancy that specialise in helping clients diagnose and resolve high risk cyber security challenges via transformational change. We partner with our clients to deliver exceptional value, transforming cyber capabilities and materially reducing risk.
We are leaders in the field of Financial Services, working with blue-chip FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 organisations.
Founded in 2019, The 324 Consultancy is rapidly transforming through business development, brand enhancement and talent acquisition. We have ambitious plans and are expanding at pace.
We are searching for an articulate and ambitious Manager to join our fast-growing team. Working closely with the directors, the Manager will play a key role in leading engagements with high-profile clients, as well as working within the consultancy business. The role provides an opportunity to get fully involved with building out the business, and so those with an entrepreneurial spirit are especially encouraged to apply.
This is an excellent career development opportunity, with rapid progression available for the right candidate.
The position is permanent, with a flexible mix of remote working, travel to the London office and client site work (when it is safe to do so). The majority of clients will be UK based, however, there may be occasional overseas travel required for future clients. There will be no requirement to travel until the situation has normalised, post-pandemic.
What you will be doing
- Leading the delivery of transformational cyber projects and programmes at client sites.
- Financial / budget management of cyber projects and programmes.
- Developing knowledge management materials for cyber security.
- Defining client-facing documentation, such as PowerPoint reporting decks and risk assessments.
- Pitching to prospective clients to win new business.
- Researching cyber trends and writing materials for publication, on behalf of the consultancy.
- Performing sector research to focus 324 on relevant cyber topics.
You must expect to be working across multiple client engagements, as well as within the consultancy business, so it is essential that you are able to develop strong relationships with key individuals, both at client and company level.
Skills and attributes for success
- A high degree of self-motivation with an exceptional appetite for delivering ‘above and beyond’.
- The ability to build and lead a team.
- A bright and enthusiastic outlook with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- An innovative approach to work, coupled with entrepreneurial flare.
- A resilient mindset with the ability to work under pressure and with significant ambiguity.
- Strong analytical skills that enable quick assimilation of new information.
- A passion and drive for learning and continued professional development.
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- A minimum of eight years management consultancy experience, advising clients on large-scale transformation programmes within financial services.
- A track record of successful project and programme management delivery experience.
- Exemplary written and spoken communication skills, with the ability to explain complex concepts in simple terms.
- A minimum of one industry standard certification such as CISM, CISA or CISSP.
- A minimum of one industry standard project management certification, such as Prince2.
- Fundamental understanding of key information security disciplines such as identity and access management, data loss prevention, and security operations (amongst others).
- Awareness of cyber security, IT audit and IT risk management principles.
- In-depth experience is at least one major cyber discipline, such as DLP, IAM, PAM or Vulnerability Management.
- The ability to comfortably operate at all levels of the business, including holding discussions with ‘C’ level executives.
Ideally, you will also have:
- A relevant degree-level education.
- Experience with audit and a fundamental understanding of controls.
- Practical knowledge of industry standard frameworks, such as NIST and ISF Standard of Good Practice.
What we look for:
- Principally, we are looking for individuals with core consulting skills, who can demonstrate real impact and value in delivering change and transformation for our FS sector clients.
- We want people who are keen to join a team and continue to grow and learn.
- We need people who are enthusiastic and committed to building out the business, as well as working on client sites.
What working at 324 offers:
We are offering a competitive compensation package, where you will be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We also offer the future opportunity to become minority equity holders, for those that truly excel through business development.
We are looking to make our people part of the business long term, and high performers can expect to move quickly through the organisation. We will share our business plan with new hires and take onboard their input and ideas.
If you are looking for a career defining, breakout move that will accelerate your consulting career within cyber consulting, then we want to hear from you.
324 is committed to creating a diverse environment, where employees feel empowered to share different ideas, perspectives and experiences in a collaborative working environment. Equality and inclusion are at the heart of our culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability or age.
How to apply
If this sounds like a good fit for you and you’d like to find out more about the role and our organisation, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.